Friday, October 2, 2009

Photo of the Day: A Splash Is On The Way



Happy Friday everyone! I hope you're having a good one :)
Anyways, today's photo is one that I took on Splash Mountain, or to be more exact, the final plunge on the ride. This was a very simple photo to take, but kind of risky. I did not use my Canon SLR for this since it was too much money to risk losing since this is definitely a water ride which you are likely to get soaked on.

So how did I take this photo? Well, I used a point and shoot - a Canon SD 750 to be exact. From what I recall, I did not use any special settings for the camera. I just turned it on and turned off the flash. I knew I did not need flash, and with little time to take the photo, I did not want to risk wasting any while the camera decides to use flash or not. As usual, here are the settings the camera used to take the photo:

Exposure Bias Value: 0
Exposure Mode: Auto exposure
Exposure Time: 1 / 499
Flash: Flash did not fire, auto mode
FNumber: 2.8
Focal Length: 5.8
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
White Balance: Auto white balance

Lastly, I tweaked this image in Aperture by adding some more saturation and contrast to the image. I also added a vignette to dramatize it more.

At the end of it all, I walked away with this photo and my cameras unharmed. If you do plan on taking this photo on your own, be sure to hide your camera underneath your clothing (layers of it I must add) to protect it from water. I took a risk here that many aren't willing to try. Being that I have two cameras, and one of them fairly inexpensive, I didn't worry about losing anything.

Anyways, I hope you liked that. I will be back on Monday to share more photos with everyone :)

Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment