Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photo of the Day: The Ax and the Stump




This was one of the very first pictures I took with my Canon 40D. It was taken near the Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland as I was waiting to take some photos with the princesses :). The princess photos I will not share with you (yet), so this one will do just fine.

The main challenge with this photo is that it was a rainy day at Disneyland that day, so to get a creative angle was kind of limited since we had wet floors and falling water to deal with. Luckily, the angle from the queue was not bad. The benefit of the rainy weather was that the clouds acted as a nice diffuser for the sunlight, getting rid of any harsh shadows I would've encountered in regular daylight.

Exposure Mode: Manual exposure
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Time: 1 / 200
FNumber: 4.5
Focal Length: 105
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
White Balance: Manual white balance

Once imported into the computer, I did some color tweaks from Apple Aperture. I toned up the saturation to give it a more richer look. I also bumped up the contrast since I find the details from the grass, bushes, and stump really help this picture pop. Lastly, I added a vignette to it to darken the edges and it helps make the stump pop out more with the peach colored surface. 


No comments:

Post a Comment